Sunday, February 15, 2009

Abhi: Sonam was a revelation



After the runaway success of Dostana, Abhishek is back in one of the most anticipated releases of the year, Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s Delhi 6.

Although it’s set in Delhi, just as Rakeysh’s previous mega hit Rang De Basanti was, it’s not only about the city. “Delhi 6 is a story about India. If it was set in any other Indian city, it would have had the same charm. I play a guy from New York who comes to India and discovers it,” says Abhishek.

Starring opposite Abhishek is the still-new-on-the-scene Sonam Kapoor. “Sonam was a revelation,” says Abhishek, “She’s a wonderful person and actress. She brings a fresh feel to the film. I’ve known her for a long time. She’s a great co-artiste too.”

Abhishek says Rakeysh and he were always looking for an opportunity to work together. “We were waiting for the right script,” he adds.

Then there’s Mani Ratnam, with whom Abhishek has done two films — Yuva and Guru — and has another, Ravana, in the making. Does he like working with the director? “I don’t work with Mani Ratnam; Mani Ratnam works with me,” he says as a matter-of-fact.

Rumour has it that there will be a follow-up to Drona, but Abhishek clarifies, “There is no sequel.” But he won’t say as much about the Feroz Nadiadwala-Rob Cohen Hollywood venture that his father is supposed to be part of. “Talks are still on,” is all he’ll say.

What about Aishwarya’s role in Pink Panther 2? “She was fantastic. It wasn’t just about getting a Hollywood break but about doing a movie in another language,” he says. As for whether he’s looking to head to LA, he says, “I’m happy doing good movies here. If something comes along, I’ll do it.”

So, how big a fan or critic is Ash of his films? “I always ask my family for their opinion. They give their honest views and I take them,” says Abhishek.

When asked what he feels about his marriage to Ash being followed so closely, he says, “We are public figures. It’s natural to be in the news and I’m okay with it.” Who is his fave B-town actress? “I’m married to my favourite actress,” he signs off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Design By-Shotina.com