Thursday, January 22, 2009

KJO Unplugged!



He is known for playing his cards, or shall we say, brewing his coffee well ...always-be it as a producer, director, host or cameo actor. And of course he has his own set of humour that adds a flavour to every thing he does. Karan Johar gets candid with our correspondent.

Is it true that you have become a 'dietician' to Kajol and Kareena?

Oh my God! I expected you to start with DOSTANA and you shot the other way...(laughs). It's all right. See, I have not become a 'dietician' to Kajol and Kareena in a true sense, but I have given them some suggestions to abide by if they are interested in working in my next films. I have asked Kajol to lose some flab for MY NAME IS KHAN. And I told Kareena not to lose weight for an unnamed Dharma Productions film to be directed by a friend Rensil D'Silva.

I understand Kajol's weight loss, but Kareena's size zero is quite 'in' now...
That's a myth and may be a momentary craze. But the truth is Indian audience always prefers a healthy (not fat) heroine...this size zero concept is not for Hindi film heroines, at least that's what I feel.

You will be directing again after quite some time. Tell us more about MY NAME IS KHAN?
MY NAME IS KHAN is a film based on the psyche of a Muslim man whose name comes up in the suspect list of terrorists post 9/11. Yes, as usual, this film has Shah Rukh as the hero and Kajol as the heroine. And I will be directing a film after quite some time. The trio will be back to sizzle the screen after KABHI KHUSHI KABHIE GHAM. So you may as well call it my comeback as a director.

We heard it took you long to persuade Kajol to sign the film. True?
Kajol is always like that...she knows she can never say 'No' to me...still she tries in vain. But the point is, I am very happy that she has finally agreed to do the film because only she can play her character in the film.

Why is Shah Rukh an indispensable part of almost every Dharma Productions film? Is it because he sells?
Shah Rukh is definitely one of the biggest stars in Bollywood and his screen presence does make a difference. But the reason why he is in almost all our films is something different. My father (Yash Johar) was very fond of Shah Rukh, in fact he considered him to be family, which of course, SRK is. And when I decided to make films, he said: 'Beta, if possible, try to involve Shah Rukh in all Dharma Productions projects.' Besides, Shah Rukh has been a friend, philosopher and guide...it's an old association and old habits die hard.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Design By-Shotina.com