Friday, January 30, 2009

Preity's thinking of children



It’s Bollywood cutie Preity Zinta’s birthday today.

But you needn’t worry about a present. For, the bubbly, 34-year-old actress has got a bagful of gifts that she wants to distribute after a “small get-together with friends”. Talking to BT yesterday, Preity said, “I want to do something more meaningful. I feel like it’s my new beginning and I want to do something completely different. I’m going to be a part of this campaign called Light a Billion Lights where you sponsor electricity to a complete village which works on solar technology. That is something I’m going to do.”

Then, Preity also intends to sponsor the education of underprivileged children. “I feel the only difference between a rich and a poor kid is that the former has the resources to get proper education whereas the poor kid doesn’t. I feel if a poor kid is given the same, he will do much better than the rich kid,” said the actress who is hell-bent on making a difference in whatever capacity that she can. “God has given me so much so now I feel it’s my turn to give back,” explained Preity. And what will she gift herself today?

“I was thinking of buying myself a luxury car but then everytime I drive on bumpy Mumbai’s roads, I get disappointed and change my mind!” But if there is one wish she has for herself this year, then Preity wants her IPL team to lift the trophy this year. “It has these little diamonds on it and diamonds are a girl’s best friend — so you know what I mean, don’t you,” smiled the pert actress saucily.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Design By-Shotina.com