Friday, January 23, 2009

There’s more to Mughda than just good looks



After taking the modelling industry by storm and winning some prestigious titles, Mugdha Godse took to films like a duck takes to water and won over critics as well as masses with a superb debut in Madhur Bhandarkar’s Fashion.

And the accolades haven’t stopped pouring in ever since. Recently, she won the prestigious Lions Gold Award for the best debutante actress. Besides, she also topped an online poll for the most popular actress in Bollywood, leaving other established heroines far behind. A delighted Mugdha tells us, “What makes such awards special is the fact that they come from the people. After all, it’s the audience that sits through our films and decides how good you are. There are no lobbies, no campaigning; it’s something that comes straight from their hearts. I feel so honoured to have been accepted like this after my very first film. Fate has been really kind to me. However, I realise that this recognition also puts extra responsibilities on my shoulders and every performance of mine will be thoroughly scrutinised from now on. But I am well prepared.”

Talking of future moves, the industry is abuzz with reports that she has been signed for Madhur’s next film Jail, while Chitrangada Singh has replaced her in the Rajeev Khandelwal starrer Peter Gaya Kaam Se. She remains non-commital and says, “The announcements will be made in due time. Things are looking good professionally and I have signed a three-film deal with a leading production house.” She truly considers her film-innings as a new beginning in life and shares, “You know, I decided to redo my house after my first film; by having it painted, getting carpentry and stuff. It’s a new beginning for me and I wanted to have new vibes and new colours in everything.”

While Mugdha keeps getting compliments on her great looks, she finds Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Madhuri Dixit to be “two of the most beautiful Indian women.” She is also a complete mama’s girl. “You know, she wanted me to become a singer when I was a child and I even used to go to music classes for the same. But I am a terrible singer and that didn’t work out. So, I have been learning Kathak for the past two years and she appreciates that,” she says.

Do her parents like her on-screen image? “My mother is not very comfortable with me wearing short dresses. But at the same time, she understands the demands of my profession. But she keeps reminding me that I look the prettiest in traditional Indian attire,” she smiles. Given that fortunes swing every Friday in B-town, how confident is she about sustaining the good run? “See, I always knew about my figure, looks and confidence being my strong points. However, I am also talented and will prove that in the long run,” she declares. On how people perceive her to be, she says, “While many feel that I must be snobbish as I was a supermodel, the truth is that I am very modest and a bit reserved.” Anything interesting on the personal front? “As of now, I want to immerse myself in work. Love can wait,” she signs off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Design By-Shotina.com